The Somerset PTA is a parent run, volunteer organization dedicated to enriching our children's school experience by providing special events, enrichment classes, teacher support and fundraising activities for Somerset students, teachers and staff. A few of the initiatives sponsored by the Somerset PTA include:
- Fundraising and supporting literacy through an annual Read-a-Thon (in 2015 the PTA raised over $16,000 for Somerset!)
- Offering after-school enrichment programs through the Fusion Lab
- Coordinating the collection of General Mills Box Education Tops, Campbell’s Soup Labels, and aluminum pop tops--and redeeming them for funds for Somerset.
- Hosting an annual silent auction
- Creating and selling Somerset Spirit Wear
- Volunteering in the library, classrooms, at the Book Fair, during picture day and more.
It’s a proven fact that children learn and achieve more in school when families, educators, and the community work together to enhance education. Grades and test scores climb. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve. There’s a simple way for you to help our students succeed: Join the Somerset PTA!
PTA meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the days listed below in the Somerset IMC. Meetings are open to all Somerset parents and guardians. Free childcare is provided.
Meeting dates for the 2016-17 school year are:
Thursday, September 29
Monday, December 5
Thursday, February 16
Tuesday, April 18
Co-Chair, Andrea Buzzell firstname.lastname@example.org 651-246-2325
Co-Chair, Kerry Appleton email@example.com 763-458-0303
Treasurer, Jennifer Kellogg firstname.lastname@example.org 651-306-1986
Volunteer So-Coordinator,Jessica Donahue email@example.com 651-457-7516
Volunteer Co-coordinator, Kari Botnen firstname.lastname@example.org 651-408-5573
Sect'y/Membership, Maia Hendel email@example.com 651-451-4414
Teacher Representative, LaRae Dill firstname.lastname@example.org 651-403-8209